The first public school building in Pasay City was constructed after the passage of Republic Act No. 1801 in 1907 otherwise known as Gabaldon Act of 1907, appropriating funds from the American treasury for the construction of primary school houses in the Philippines. The building was named PASAY CENTRAL SCHOOL constructed during the administration of Mayor Mauro Reyes through the proposal of Councilor Herminigildo de la Rosa. The building has four big rooms and a small room in the middle. It was made of mixed materials of concrete while the walls were made of woods. It had a sliding capiz windows. The desks were made flat with heavy wood attached to steel contraptions and nailed to the floor. When World War II broke out on December 8, 1941 Pasay Central School was ordered closed by the Japanese authorities. In November 1945, the first post liberation batch of students graduated from Pasay Central School under the American regime. Pasay Central School was renamed Epifanio Delos Santos Elementary School and later given the named Padre Burgos Elementary School which was retained up to the present. In 1958, the structure was condemned due to deterioration of the historic building in spite of repairs. However, noting its historical values, the Pasay Historical Association, through its Secretary Ulpiano Tobias, called the attention of the institite concerning the dilapidated conditions of the historical building and recommended its preservation. The Gabaldon building recognized by the Histrorical Institute of the Philippines as one of the historical landmarks to be proud of within the vicinity of Padre Burgos Elementary School. Over the year PBES maintains a quality performance in the basic education. Today, Padre Burgos Elementary School continues to respond by developing and molding its youth who will undeniably serve as pillars of community development and nation building. It dedicates its services to the community of Barangay 60 and the nearby barangays. For years, the school and its graduates are soaring high to give glory to its name. We, now see Padre Burgos Elementary School as an institution every Burgonian should honor and be proud of because it has gained its own place in the realm of education.